On Monday, January 7, 2013, WellStar united WellStar Kennestone hospital and its surrounding health facilities as a regional healthcare leader with a name change to WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center.
The WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center campus covers approximately 56.8 acres and is bordered by Tower Road on the north, Cherokee Street on the east, Lacy Street on the south and North Avenue on the west.
Watch a video about the name change
WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center will include the following:
- WellStar Kennestone Hospital
- Kennestone Outpatient Pavilion
- Kennestone Physicians Center
- WellStar Kennestone Cancer Center
- Atherton Place – Senior Living Community
- WellStar Health Place – Center for Fitness and Wellness
- WellStar Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
- WellStar Outpatient Imaging Center
- And other campus facilities
For more than 60 years, WellStar Kennestone Hospital has provided healthcare services to the local community. As the tertiary hospital for WellStar Health System, Kennestone has grown to offer a higher level of specialized care to meet the needs of its entire five-county service area. In recent years, the Kennestone Hospital campus has added critical services to further extend its reach to the entire North Georgia region.