Enhanced Visitation Guidelines
Wellstar Health System has enhanced our visitor policy as part of our commitment to providing a safe environment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Every hospital is assigned a color reflecting its current visitation policy based on the number of active COVID-19 cases in each local community. The level of COVID-19 infections determines when and how many essential caregivers—patient advocates, family members and loved ones—can visit at this time.
We appreciate your cooperation as we work together to keep your loved one safe and healthy. If you have questions about the visitation policy, please call your local Wellstar hospital or health park.
Visitation Status Levels
Green visitation levels indicate positive COVID-19 case levels are ongoing or low. Two essential caregivers (visitors) are permitted in most areas from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
Yellow visitation levels indicate positive COVID-19 case levels are elevated. One essential caregiver (visitor) is permitted in most areas from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Red visitation levels indicate positive COVID-19 case levels are high. No essential caregivers (visitors) are permitted.
Visitor Policy Exemptions for Labor & DeliveryWellstar understands how important support is as you prepare to welcome your new bundle of joy. That’s why we’ve made adjustments to our visitor policy to help you have a safe, comfortable birthing experience.
Yellow Visitation LevelsAt Wellstar facilities under yellow visitation levels, birthing mothers may have one essential caregiver for the duration of the stay, and a certified birth coach or doula for labor and delivery only. The essential caregiver may be under the age of 18 if they are the baby’s father. One additional essential caregiver is permitted from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Red Visitation LevelsAt Wellstar facilities under red visitation levels, birthing mothers may have one essential caregiver for the duration of the stay, and a certified birth coach or doula for labor and delivery only. The essential caregiver may be under the age of 18 if they are the baby’s father.
Visitation Status by Location
Select the Wellstar location below to learn more about current visitation levels. If you have questions about the visitation policy, please call your local Wellstar hospital or health park.
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center South
- Wellstar Cobb Hospital
- Wellstar Douglas Hospital
- Wellstar Kennestone Hospital
- Wellstar North Fulton Hospital
- Wellstar Paulding Hospital
- Wellstar Spalding Regional Hospital
- Wellstar Sylvan Grove Hospital
- Wellstar West Georgia Medical Center
- Wellstar Windy Hill Hospital
Wellstar Health Parks
- Wellstar Acworth Health Park
- Wellstar Avalon Health Park
- Wellstar Cherokee Health Park
- Wellstar East Cobb Health Park
- Wellstar Vinings Health Park
For more information about visitation status at Wellstar locations, please contact the office directly.
Essential Caregiver (Visitor)
- Wear required personal protective equipment within the hospital.
- Take necessary precautions to stay healthy at all times, which includes wearing a mask, social distancing and frequently washing hands.
- Check the Wellstar webpage or call the hospital’s main phone number and listen to the updated recording prior to arriving to ensure visitation is permitted.
- Help maintain and secure patient belongings.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and help communicate to the patent’s family and friends.
- Provide emotional support to your loved one in partnership with the clinical team.
- Assist with providing relevant history about the patient’s care.
- Please follow all instructions from the care team.