Wellstar Celebrates National Cancer Survivors Day, Offering Hope to the Community
Wellstar Health System supports people with cancer throughout their journeys, from early screening to diagnosis to treatment. However, our encouragement and dedication to delivering world-class, compassionate care doesn’t end in remission.
Across our system, Wellstar honors the bravery and strength of survivors every day, rejoicing in each milestone. This National Cancer Survivors Day, we are proud to pay tribute to people who have conquered cancer while offering hope to those still fighting.
This year’s Cancer Survivors Day theme, “There’s No Place Like Hope,” exemplifies Wellstar’s commitment to being a steadfast source of encouragement for cancer survivors and fighters across Georgia.
“Cancer Survivors Day is a true celebration of life, healing and hope for the future. The special moment allows us to pause, reflect and cherish victories over cancer. It also gives an outpouring of support to people currently diagnosed with the disease — that way, they know they are never fighting alone,” shared Nicole Centers, executive director of the oncology service line & nurse leader at Wellstar Health System.
Several Wellstar facilities will host Survivors Day events — and you can be a part of the celebration.
- Wellstar Kennestone Hospital – Hosted at Wellstar Acworth Health Park on Saturday, June 4 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. To RSVP, call (877) 366-6032 and select option 0.
- Wellstar Douglas Hospital – This is a drive-through event hosted at 6002 Professional Pkwy in the medical office building behind Wellstar Douglas Hospital on Saturday, June 4 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Wellstar Cobb Hospital – Hosted at the Wellstar Cobb Hospital Cancer Center parking lot on Monday, June 6 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. To RSVP, send an email to [email protected].
- Wellstar Paulding Hospital – Hosted at Veterans Memorial Park located at 240 Constitution Boulevard in Dallas, GA on Sunday, June 5 from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wellstar North Fulton Hospital – Hosted at the Wellstar North Fulton Hospital campus on Sunday, June 5 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. To RSVP, send an email to [email protected].
- Wellstar West Georgia Medical Center – Hosted at the Wellstar Enoch Callaway Cancer Center parking lot on Saturday, June 4 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. To RSVP, send an email to [email protected].
Learn more about how Wellstar is fighting cancer in Georgia.