Essential Caregiver (Visitor)
- Wear required personal protective equipment within the hospital.
- Take necessary precautions to stay healthy at all times, which includes wearing a mask, social distancing and frequently washing hands.
- Help maintain and secure patient belongings.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and help communicate to the patent’s family and friends.
- Provide emotional support to your loved one in partnership with the clinical team.
- Attend Interdisciplinary Rounds, when possible.
- Assist with providing relevant history about the patient’s care.
- Please follow all instructions from the care team.
As of January 1, 2012, our campus is tobacco-free. Tobacco use of any kind is not permitted anywhere on hospital grounds. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Wellstar offers wireless internet service. Access is available in public areas of the hospital at no charge. For assistance or technical questions, call Wandering WiFi Customer Care at (877) 943-4463.
Parking Options at the Hospital
Visitor and Patient Parking
Patients and visitors should park in the main visitor parking lot adjacent to Austell Road. Access to this lot is located on South Hospital Drive.
Cancer Center Parking
Cancer Center Clinic patients should park in the parking garage and enter the hospital through the clinic's entrance.
Emergency Services Parking
Located next to the Emergency Department. Patient’s vehicle must be moved once the patient is released from the Emergency Department or admitted to the hospital.
- Under 20 Minutes Free
- 21 - 60 Minutes $3
- 61 - 120 Minutes $4
- 121+ Minutes $5
- Day Pass $5
- Weekly Pass $25
- Monthly Pass $50
*Parking rates repeat after midnight.
Daily Pass: For visitors returning the same day. Can be used as many times as needed until midnight.
Weekly Pass: For visitors who will be coming to the hospital frequently. The pass may be used for eight days but the days do not have to be consecutive. The pass is good for one year from date of purchase.
Monthly Pass: This pass is good for 30 days. The days do not have to be consecutive and the pass is good for one year from date of purchase.
Become a Wellstar Volunteer
Working diligently in virtually every area of our hospital, volunteers are our extra hands and hearts! They play the harp and the piano, provide pet therapy, sing, knit, wash hair, do hand massage, encourage, care, help, smile, serve tea, hold hands, garden and push wheelchairs.
- Wellstar's 1,100 volunteers work more than 200,000 hours a year, representing $3.6 million in donated time.
- Wellstar volunteers also raise money—more than $773,000 each year, helping us buy needed equipment, renovate facilities and educate our patients.
Ready to make a difference? Learn more about volunteer opportunities at Wellstar Cobb Hospital.
Accreditations & Recognition
- Advanced certification as a Joint Commission Primary Heart Attack Center
- Level II Emergency Cardiac Care Center by the Georgia Department of Public Health — This is the highest level that can be achieved without offering open-heart surgery, which is available through partner hospitals in our cardiovascular network
- Mission: Lifeline® - STEMI Receiving Center - GOLD PLUS by the American Heart Association
- Get With The Guidelines - Heart Failure GOLD PLUS with Target: Heart Failure Honor Roll and Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll by the American Heart Association
Stroke & Pulmonary Care
- Designated a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and the Georgia Department of Public Health
- Healthgrades Excellence Award for Stroke and Pulmonary Care for providing superior outcomes in treating COPD, pneumonia and stroke
- Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Stroke Gold Plus TS Elite Quality Achievement Award by the American Heart Association
- First to be recognized in Georgia as a Network Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
Spine & Orthopedic Care
- Certification in Total Hip, Total Knee and Spine surgeries from The Joint Commission
- First Hospital in Georgia to receive the HealthCare Chaplaincy Network’s Excellence in Spiritual Care Award
Nursing at Wellstar Cobb Hospital
At Wellstar Cobb Hospital, it takes a village to deliver personalized care to the community. Our healthcare heroes are more than just nurses, doctors and staff helping people overcome illnesses. We are truly friends caring for friends, family caring for family and neighbors caring for neighbors.
Learn more about the nursing culture at Wellstar Cobb Hospital