Volunteer at Wellstar Cobb Hospital
We offer volunteer opportunities in a variety of settings. If accepted into our volunteer program, you will be joining scores of individuals, of all ages and backgrounds, who are dedicated to giving back to our hospital and community, and ensuring we achieve our vision of delivering world-class healthcare.
It is the goal of the Department of Volunteer Services to support the patients and staff within Wellstar Cobb Hospital. Volunteers play an important role in many different departments and have varying responsibilities. Most volunteer openings are Monday through Friday, between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM. Some opportunities exist on weekends and evenings although these are quite limited. Volunteers are asked to commit at least one four-hour shift, each week, for six months or 100 hours, whichever comes first.
- If you are 18 or older, complete the volunteer application form. If you are under 18, please visit the Wellstar VolunTeens page to apply.
- Have your physician complete and sign your medical release form.
- Applicants born after 1957 must include immunization records for MMR, Chicken Pox and DTP.
- Drop the forms off at the Department of Volunteer Services or fax to (470) 732-3977.
- You can also mail the forms to:
Wellstar Cobb Hospital: Volunteer Services
3950 Austell Road
Austell, GA 30106
- Complete and sign a background check permission form.
- Talk about why you want to volunteer and specific areas of interest.
- Learn about the requirements and benefits of being a volunteer.
- Interviews are typically held between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Some positions may require a second round of interviews.
- Learn hospital policies and procedures.
- Learn about confidentiality and volunteer agreements.
- Purchase uniform at Department of Volunteer Services.
We are excited and honored that you have selected Wellstar Cobb Hospital a the focus of your philanthropy and look forward to seeing you soon.