Wellstar Health System has enhanced our visitor policy as part of our commitment to providing a safe environment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Every hospital is assigned a color reflecting its current visitation policy based on the number of active COVID-19 cases in each local community. The level of COVID-19 infections determines when and how many essential caregivers—patient advocates, family members and loved ones—can visit at this time.
We appreciate your cooperation as we work together to keep your loved one safe and healthy. If you have questions about the visitation policy, please call your local Wellstar hospital.
Positive COVID-19 case levels are ongoing or low. Two essential caregivers (visitors) are permitted in most areas from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
Positive COVID-19 case levels are elevated. No essential caregivers (visitors) are permitted in most areas.
Positive COVID-19 case levels are high. No essential caregivers (visitors) are permitted.
Essential Caregiver (Visitor)
- Wear required personal protective equipment within the hospital.
- Take necessary precautions to stay healthy at all times, which includes wearing a mask, social distancing and frequently washing hands.
- Check the Wellstar webpage or call the hospital’s main phone number and listen to the updated recording prior to arriving to ensure visitation is permitted.
- Help maintain and secure patient belongings.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and help communicate to the patent’s family and friends.
- Provide emotional support to your loved one in partnership with the clinical team.
- Attend Interdisciplinary Rounds, when possible.
- Assist with providing relevant history about the patient’s care.
- Please follow all instructions from the care team.
Become a Wellstar Volunteer
Volunteers assist at the information desks, urgent care locations, physician offices, and other areas as needed. They provide directions, site-specific information, and help patients locate their destination.
Please call us with questions at (770) 775-7861 ext. 245.