Wellstar family medicine provides comprehensive, coordinated care for people of all ages.
Family Medicine at Wellstar
Whether you are sick or need a routine checkup, your Wellstar family medicine physician will work with you to help achieve your best possible health. Unlike physicians who specialize in treating one organ or disease, family physicians care for you as a whole person, regardless of your age or gender.
In addition to diagnosing and treating acute and chronic illnesses, your family physician provides annual health screenings and counseling to help prevent illnesses before they develop. If a health condition arises that requires a specialist, they will help coordinate all aspects of your care. Your family medicine physician knows your complete health profile, with ready access to Wellstar’s integrated system of specialists, surgeons, imaging facilities, labs and hospitals.
What we treat
With hundreds of Wellstar family medicine offices throughout the area, we have a doctor conveniently located near you that specializes in meeting the unique healthcare needs of you and your family.
- Care for acute problems like respiratory infections, sprains, abdominal pain and headache.
- Chronic disease management for diabetes, high blood pressure, COPD, asthma, heart disease, arthritis and obesity.
- Ear, nose and throat care
- Minor surgical procedures
- Bone and joint care
- Skin conditions
- Well-woman care, reproductive counseling, family planning.
- Mental and behavioral health care for anxiety, depression, substance abuse and insomnia.
- Preventive care including chronic disease screening, school physicals, immunizations and lifestyle and wellness education.