Are you getting the most out of your healthcare experience? If you don’t have an established Wellstar primary care provider (PCP), you could be missing out on some major benefits.
Some people visit a different doctor each time they need a check-up or just whenever they feel sick. Similarly, many patients use the walk-in convenient of urgent care as a substitute for primary care. However, in both of these cases, it can be difficult for you to build a lasting health partnership and leave your care feeling incomplete.
Having a designated Wellstar primary care physician – and specialty medicine providers within the same health system – give you an entire team of health experts that are invested in you and your well-being.
Benefits of a Primary Care Provider
The main role of a primary care provider is to keep you healthy at every age and stage of life. To keep you feeling your best, these experts are trained to:
- Get to know and understand your unique health needs. Your PCP can keep you on track with your individual wellness goals, whether you are planning to start a family, need help managing a chronic illness or maintaining a healthy weight.
- Coordinate care and provide referrals for specialists. Your PCP can quickly and seamlessly get you in touch with Wellstar Health System’s robust network of medical experts, such as cardiologists, oncologists, neurologists and more.
- Keep you up-to-date on immunizations and vaccinations. You can build up your body’s immunity to common diseases and protect your health with the latest vaccines, all ordered by your PCP.
- Order appropriate health screenings, diagnostic tests and follow-up care. If your wellness check-up reveals certain risk factors, chronic conditions or new diagnoses, your PCP can help you get the right treatment fast.
- Treat you for acute illnesses, such as colds or the flu. When you feel under the weather, your established PCP can often get you an appointment sooner so you can feel better.
Continuing Care for Every Stage of Life
As you get older, your healthcare needs will change. That’s why many people keep the same Wellstar primary care provider for years, even decades.
Your physician can help you stay ahead of health issues and deliver tailored care for your unique needs, as they change over time. These experts are your first defense against many preventable diseases and catch major illnesses earlier, so you have the best possible outcome.
Ready to find the right Wellstar primary care provider for you? We make it easy to get expert, comprehensive primary care at many convenient locations across metro Atlanta and West Georgia. To find a location near you, simply click “Book Now” at the top of any page.