Through philanthropy and community partnership, we are fueling innovation and action to address vital needs of the diverse communities in Georgia.
Impact of GivingThrough generous support of our community, corporate partners and donors, we are investing in initiatives that create a healthier Georgia for all! Download our FY22 Impact of Giving INFOGRAPHIC to see how donations are making a difference, including:
- The Talk With Me Baby Literacy Program creates an ecosystem with pediatric offices, schools and early childhood educators to enhance literacy and create a national model that can be expanded to serve and support our country's youth.
- Serving 3,150 families at Wellstar's mobile markets and providing access to a SNAP enrollment specialist who provides education and resources that empower individuals to make healthy decisions.
- Teaming up with Roswell Rotary to develop a behavioral health podcast series for youth, which are among the highest rates for suicide in Georgia.
- As a recipient of an FCC Telehealth Grant and the Center for Global Health Innovation HRSA Grant, we are providing connected care services to patients at their homes and in their communities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and deploying community health workers to continue our efforts to increase COVID vaccination rates.
- Supporting a YouthBuild clinical career pathway program to address healthcare provider shortages in metro Atlanta and strengthen the nursing pipeline while creating opportunities within healthcare for economic mobility and diversity in the workforce.
- And so much more!
Our Strategic Focus
Philanthropic contributions are transforming healthcare and improving access for all across four areas of focus:
We work to ensure all Georgians have access to high-quality healthcare and preventative services.
We help our team members provide whole-person care that integrates behavioral health with other health services.
We work to promote best practices and equip our patients and every care site with state-of-the-art technology.
We equip, support and train our team members so they may provide superior, highly skilled care while cultivating the new generation of healthcare leaders.
Ways to Give
About the Foundation
Since 1985, the community has invested millions of dollars through the Foundation to make sure every Georgia resident has access to quality care. As a not-for-profit health system, our passion for people extends beyond our walls and into the communities we serve. Our vision is to ignite the passion of donors and partners to accelerate healthcare innovation and wellness to create a healthier future for all.
of donations support
of delivering world-class
1 in 6
Georgians rely on Wellstar
A Foundation of People
The heartbeat of our organization is our people — a group of caring and compassionate individuals who provide direction, advice, and expertise. Through their efforts, we are able to meet our shared vision for a stronger, healthier community every day. From our team members, board members, and corporate and community partners, we are honored to help make Georgia a healthier place for everyone.
Families Learn About Healthy Grief at Camp Tranquility
Camp Tranquility is a one-day community workshop for families who have experienced the loss of a loved one. The event is hosted by Wellstar Hospice Care and funded by donations to the Wellstar Foundation.Learn more
Lown Institute Recognizes Wellstar Among Most Charitable in the Country
Wellstar is committed to bringing expert, compassionate health services to those who need them.Learn more
Wellstar Foundation Gala Raises Over $1M for Pediatric Services
Wellstar raises a record-setting amount to meet the critical needs of children in Georgia.Learn more
Wellstar Partners with Goodr to Launch Mobile Grocery Store to Address Food Insecurity
Wellstar is honored to be the exclusive healthcare partner and sponsor for this new and innovative way to serve communities.Learn more
Caring for Wellstar Team Members: Wellness Rooms
Donations to the Wellstar Foundation fund team member respite rooms that prioritize the well-being of our Wellstar caregivers.Learn more
2023 Team Member Giving Campaign
No one can anticipate an unforeseen crisis, tragedy or loss. But when the unexpected happens, donations to the Wellstar Foundation provide critical relief to team members in need through the Team Member Emergency Assistance Fund (EAF).Learn more
Wellstar Supports Child Literacy Through Community Collaboration
The Wellstar Foundation is supporting local children’s healthy brain and language development through a new partnership.Learn more
Georgians Uplift Rural Communities Through Tax Credit Program
Access to care close to home is something many take for granted until that care is no longer available. Georgia’s rural hospitals provide critical care to residents when and where they need it.Learn more
We reinvest 100% of donations to initiatives within all our service lines, without any loss from administration fees. That means that every dollar donated goes directly toward making Georgia a happier, healthier place to call home.Learn More
Creating partnerships and programs in response to critical community needsLearn More
Thought leaders discuss technologies that enhance care delivery, provider communications and patient outcomesLearn More