Team Member Giving
The Team Member Giving Program provides Wellstar team members with the opportunity to easily contribute to the health of their community with a recurring gift to the Foundation. Every dollar donated supports projects that enable us to deliver world-class healthcare for our families, friends and neighbors across Wellstar’s service area.
How It WorksWhen it comes to making a difference, our collective giving has the capacity to create lasting change in every community we serve. As Wellstar team members, we are passionate about caring for others and that is amplified when we choose to give to the Wellstar Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Wellstar Health System. Together, our support is accelerating innovation, enhancing services, supporting our fellow team members in need and transforming healthcare in Georgia. See "How to Give using Lawson" to get started. 1. Select Your Cause
Choose from a list of impactful designations so your gift is put to work toward the initiative most meaningful to you. 2. Select Your Donation Amount
Gifts of all amounts are appreciated and tax-deductible. Once enrolled, donations are made through automatic payroll deduction. 3. Make A Difference
As a not-for-profit, we put 100% of your donation to the Wellstar Foundation toward the initiative of your choice. When combined with donations from fellow team members, our community and corporate supporters, we are fueling innovation and action to address the vital needs of diverse communities in Georgia. See "How to Give using Lawson" to learn how to enroll today.
How to Give using LawsonYou can easily enroll, track and update your donation through Lawson on e-source. Please note that you must use a device that can access the Wellstar network. Simply follow these steps:
- Visit e-source > log in using “Employee & Manager Self-Service \ Lawson Log In”
- Under the Lawson Links column, select “Lawson Portal”
- On the left side of the page, expand “Employee Self-Service” and then “Pay”
- Click “Foundation Donations”
Team Member Giving in Action
Last year, Wellstar team members generously donated more than $1 million! Through this support, we’re making the following initiatives possible:
- Wellstar’s mobile food pantry offers free groceries, educational materials, safety equipment, and a SNAP benefits professional to assist families in need.
- Wellness Rooms provide team members with a place to reflect, refuel and recharge with innovative technology designed to relieve stress.
- Wellstar emergency departments and trauma centers are equipped with the latest innovations, simulators and life-saving resources.
- Free mammograms and diagnostic services to uninsured and underinsured patients across Wellstar’s service area.
- Wellstar’s Zero Suicide initiative integrates behavioral health services throughout every service line for both adults and children.
- Expanding world-class care close to home through advanced telehealth technology and equipment in Wellstar’s care sites and community spaces.
Become a Wellstar Foundation AmbassadorAs a not-for-profit, we rely on our community of supporters to help fuel our mission and transform healthcare in Georgia. Wellstar Foundation Ambassadors expand our reach by spreading awareness of the Foundation and encouraging others to join us through giving to the Foundation. For more information or to become an ambassador, email Amy Thomas at [email protected]
- Be an enthusiastic supporter of the Foundation by making a payroll deduction gift to the Team Member Giving Program.
- Attend Team Member Giving meetings (about 4 meetings per year). Microsoft Teams meetings will be available to anyone unable to attend a meeting in person.
- Share your ideas, provide feedback during our meetings and help brainstorm new ways to educate and engage through Team Member Giving.
- Help schedule time at department staff meetings and during Team Member Giving appreciation events to thank donors and share information about Foundation and the impact of giving.
- Share periodic Foundation updates at staff huddles or post in your break room to educate and inspire others to support the Team Member Giving program.