The heart experts at Wellstar North Fulton Hospital have experience with a wide range of ablation procedures. We use these procedures to treat heart rhythm disorders (arrhythmias), such as atrial fibrillation (AFib), and restore normal heart rhythm. With the most advanced arrhythmia program in Georgia, we provide quality care in state-of-the-art facilities.
Ablation procedures use heat or cold energy to scar tissue in the heart, blocking abnormal electrical signals that cause the heart to beat irregularly. At Wellstar, we have access to convergent ablation, a new, minimally invasive treatment that restores heart rhythm without large incisions. This approach successfully treats AFib patients in more than 80% of cases.
Wellstar North Fulton Hospital has a team of expert interventional cardiologists who specialize in catheter-based heart procedures. These minimally invasive treatments access the heart through veins and arteries rather than large incisions in the chest. With this less invasive approach, patients can recover quicker and avoid some of the complications of traditional cardiac surgery. Our team uses these advanced procedures to treat a range of heart conditions, including heart rhythm disorders and heart attacks.
Wellstar North Fulton cardiovascular medicine offers a full catalog of cardiac diagnostic imaging including cardiac MRI, coronary CT scans, EKG testing, screening coronary calcium scores, echocardiography, heart rhythm monitoring and stress testing — all in an effort to get you the answers you need for proper treatment.
Cardiac rehabilitation is more than just an exercise program. It’s an opportunity to build strength, improve your lifestyle and feel your best.
At Wellstar North Fulton Hospital, we offer a complete cardiac rehabilitation program that includes:
- Ongoing assessments that look at your risk factors, functional abilities and personal goals
- Monitored exercise, including flexibility and strength training
- Lifestyle modification and education, including smoking cessation programs, nutritional coaching, weight management and stress management
Chest Pain Center
As a Certified Chest Pain Center, Wellstar North Fulton Hospital has a team of dedicated cardiologists and emergency department clinicians who can quickly respond to heart attacks. This accreditation means you can trust our team to provide fast, effective treatment that can help prevent severe damage to your heart.
Wellstar North Fulton Hospital specializes in implanting devices to treat heart rhythm disorders (arrhythmias). With the most advanced arrhythmia program in the state, we have an outstanding track record of success. Our team of experts provides complete care for pacemaker and defibrillator implantation, making sure we find the right solution for your needs.
Peripheral Vascular Services
The specialists at Wellstar North Fulton Hospital are skilled in interventional procedures that open blocked arteries in areas other than the heart. When you or a loved one needs help with blocked arteries in the neck, arms, abdomen or legs, we’re ready with:
- Diagnostic imaging for carotid artery disease, peripheral arterial disease, abdominal vascular, aortic and kidney disease
- Diagnostic imaging for peripheral venous disease, including venous insufficiency/reflux as well as acute and chronic deep vein thrombosis
- Advanced endovascular (minimally invasive) treatment options for peripheral arterial disease, abdominal vascular, aortic and kidney disease
- Advanced endovascular (minimally invasive) treatment options for peripheral venous disease, including venous insufficiency/reflux as well as acute and chronic deep vein thrombosis
Pulmonary Embolism Response Team
The team at Wellstar North Fulton has become an area leader in the diagnosis, treatment and long-term management of pulmonary embolism, including multidisciplinary treatment teams, rapid diagnosis and removal of life-threatening blood clots in the lungs (pulmonary embolism) using a range of minimally invasive treatments.