Nurse Navigation for People with Cancer
Nurse navigators are registered nurses trained in specific clinical areas. They bring a highly personalized level of guidance and support to each patient and family members from initial diagnosis through post-treatment follow-up.
- Help patients understand their diagnosis
- Provide educational material and resources to assist patients in making informed decisions about care and treatment
- Available to patients before, during and following treatment
- Facilitate communication between patients and their treatment team
- Assist with physical and emotional needs
- Connect patients with cancer program resources and support services
- Are a safety net patients can call to help with problem-solving
- Provide important patient feedback information to cancer program leaders, who are then able to improve services
While most patients can’t imagine navigating cancer without a nurse navigator, this invaluable service is provided at no cost to patients.
Learn more about our support services for people with cancer.