Spine surgery cares for people suffering from spinal discomfort caused by nerve problems, a tumor, degenerative disc disease and other spine-related conditions.
Spine Surgery at Wellstar
Your Wellstar spine surgeon will consult with your primary care provider and other experts to determine the right combination of approaches to reduce your pain and improve your daily life.
Wellstar Kennestone Regional Medical Center and Wellstar Cobb Medical Center earned certification in Spine Surgery by The Joint Commission. This demonstrates our commitment to patients to maintain care processes that are safe and meet high-quality standards. Learn more about the advanced level of care provided by neurosurgeons at Wellstar.
Download the Spine Surgery Education Booklet
If you looked up the word “active” in the dictionary, you just might find Ulysses Price’s picture. That changed when severe neck and shoulder pain entered the picture. Now, after a state-of-the-art neck procedure, Ulysses is back in action and doing his favorite activities — even better than before.Read his story
Conditions We Treat
- Back and neck pain
- Spine disorders
- Degenerated disc
- Bulging disc
- Herniated disc
- Collapsed disc
- Spinal cord tumors (cancerous and benign)
- Spine trauma
- Other spine conditions
Treatments We Offer
- Cervical disk replacements and fusions
- Lumbar diskectomy and laminectomy surgery for low back pain syndromes
- Peripheral nerve decompression surgery for various conditions, including carpal tunnel syndrome and compression neuropathies
- Spinal deformity correction surgery
- Spine trauma surgery
- Surgery for spinal cord tumors (cancerous and benign)
- Spine surgery for many other conditions