Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
TAVR allows a diseased aortic heart valve to be replaced without open-chest surgery, providing hope to patients who are considered inoperable or at high risk for surgery.
Wellstar Provides Advanced Heart Care with TAVRAortic stenosis occurs when the valve narrows, preventing normal flow of blood from the left ventricle, also known as the pumping chamber of the heart, to the aorta and the rest of the body. Over time, this narrowing causes your heart’s left ventricle to pump harder to push blood through the stenotic aortic valve.
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) involves inserting a new aortic valve inside a damaged one to normalize blood flow exiting the heart. The Wellstar Structural Heart and Valve Program offers this advanced, minimally invasive procedure using a specially designed catheter, without the need for surgery. In most instances, the aortic valve can be replaced via a transcatheter approach by going through a blood vessel in the leg. In rare cases, traditional open-heart or minimally invasive heart surgery may be a better option.
Wellstar has been conducting TAVR procedures since 2012. Our clinical TAVR results are among the national leaders in terms of positive outcomes with fewer complications. Our approach to heart care focuses on close collaboration with all the doctors involved in your care, as well as providing all you need to know to make informed decisions about your treatment options. We offer multiple clinic locations to make your visits more convenient, as well. Wellstar is also a leader in helping patients enroll in clinical trials, when this is the best available option.
- Aortic valve replacement without open-chest surgery
- TAVR is a viable treatment option for most with aortic stenosis
- Wellstar is a national leader in TAVR outcomes
- One-stop collaboration between multiple specialists
- Team includes cardiac surgeons, interventional cardiologists, advanced cardiac imagers and cardiac anesthesiology
- Aortic valve replacement through a small incision
- Reduced recovery time, shorter hospitalization
- Patients get to know their entire TAVR team
- Close communication with patients and families
- Care centered around patient and family with a focus on convenience and accessibility
- Personalized care from a multidisciplinary team of physicians
Learn more about Wellstar’s Structural Heart & Valve Program.