At Wellstar, we know not one person’s life has gone untouched by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Across Georgia—and throughout the world—many have had to learn how to navigate a state of “new normal” as well as deal with complicated and confusing emotions. But through every challenge and triumph, we’ve all been in this together.
However, hearing the same news reports and safety information over and over can become tiresome. It’s possible to forget what our community has been working towards… but now is not the time to tune out.
Wellness is a two-way street, and it’s up to all of us to make well happen.
That’s because just as much as saving lives and fighting illness happens every day at our Wellstar healthcare facilities, staying well starts with you. When you focus on the wellness of your world—yourself, family and friends—you have a profound impact on people everywhere.
When you join the movement to make well happen, you become a wellness warrior.
Here's how to do your part to make well happen:
- Wear a mask to keep yourself healthy and the most vulnerable members of our community safe.
- Wash your hands often for 20 seconds to rid your hands of viruses, bacteria and other harmful germs that are easily spread by touching.
- Watch your distance by staying six feet apart from others to avoid community spread of COVID-19.
As you dedicate yourself to doing your part, Wellstar continues to keep the people and communities we serve safe every day. We have been working hard to make well happen, across all of our hospitals, health parks, urgent care centers and hundreds of medical offices.
Here's what we do every day to make well happen:
- Masks are a must. All Wellstar team members wear masks and other Personal Protective Equipment. Wellstar asks each visitor or patient to bring a mask for their protection and to conserve PPE for healthcare team members.
- Screenings at entrances. Wellstar ensures each person coming into a Wellstar facility will have their temperature checked and will be asked about their potential COVID-19 exposure. Likewise, team members have their temperatures checked before each shift.
- Social distancing. Wellstar observes all social distancing guidelines.
- Enhanced visitation policy. We’ve limited visitors in our facilities to prevent potential spread of infection. For the most updated information about visitation, please see our updated visitation guidelines.
- Separate waiting areas. If a person wishing to enter a Wellstar facility has symptoms consistent with respiratory illness, they will be provided a separate location to wait for treatment.
- We wear PPE. All Wellstar team members who meet with patients will wear appropriate PPE for their, and the patient’s, safety.
- Clean and disinfect every surface. We’ve added extra safety measures to our already thorough cleaning routine. Wellstar cleans all public areas and sanitizes in between each patient’s treatment with an approved cleaning product that protects against potential COVID-19 spread.
As we fight on the frontlines to keep Georgia well, we also look to you. You are a change-maker. When you do your part, we all work together to make well happen.