Cardiovascular Care At WellStar
WellStar delivers world-class education, cardio-diagnostics, surgical interventions and cardiac rehabilitation to help you get well, live well and stay well.
We’re there when you need us for cutting-edge cardiac care, from diagnosis and treatment to surgery, rehabilitation and follow-up care. WellStar’s world-class Cardiac Network offers:
- Cardiovascular Medicine, one of the top cardiology practices in the country.
- Three hospitals – Cobb, Douglas and Kennestone – accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- A top 10 percent in the nation ranking by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons for coronary artery bypass surgical volume, lowest risk-adjusted mortality and other important measures.
- National recognition for restoring blood flow to the heart with percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI) procedures taking place in 90 minutes or less from the time a patient arrives in the emergency room.
- Walter F. Johnson IV Chest Pain Observation Unit at WellStar Kennestone Hospital, where low-risk chest pain patients receive rapid triage and treatment.
- Electrophysiologists and cardiac surgeons collaborating on medical, interventional and surgical therapies for patients with heart rhythm disorders, in order to prevent stroke.
- Cardiac surgery suites outfitted with high definition monitors, which allow surgeons to view clear video images for safer and quicker surgery. The monitors also allow access to patient information, including digital patient data, X-rays, MRIs and CT scans, via a web browser from any WellStar Health System location.
- The technologically advanced Cardiac Center at WellStar Kennestone Hospital provides adult open-heart surgery to those with advanced heart disease.
We believe that education and prevention are the keys to keeping hearts healthy and offer cardiac-related community outreach programs including: