Integrated, Collaborative Care
Wellstar Cardiology offers the latest innovations and clinical therapies to help you reach the optimum heart and cardiovascular health. We focus our skill and expertise on crafting a treatment plan tailored for you.
Cardiology at Wellstar
Cardiology is the care of people who have disorders of the heart, arteries and veins using state-of-the-art technology, advanced medicine and cutting-edge treatment to improve heart health.
Our nationally recognized cardiovascular team works closely with heart and vascular surgeons and specialists to provide comprehensive, coordinated heart care at medical offices and hospitals throughout the state of Georgia. Our goal is to help you understand what to expect and how to achieve your best heart health.
What we treat
Our specialized doctors see patients with routine and complex heart problems such as plaque build-up on artery walls, chest pain, heart attacks, artery issues, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, valvular heart disease, heart failure, syncope and more. In addition to general adult cardiology, we also have cardiologists who specialize in infant, pediatric and adolescent heart care.
Diagnostic and imaging
- Stress Tests
- Cardiac CT
- Cardiac PET Scans
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Cardiac MRI
- Calcium Scoring and Heart Screenings—Know Your Heart Class
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Interventional Cardiology focuses on the non-surgical opening of blocked arteries to the heart.
- Cardiac catheterizations and stents.
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) is a minimally invasive procedure that opens a blocked artery to the heart (emergency or elective, before a heart attack).
- Robotic PCI Angioplasty is a minimally invasive procedure performed by interventional cardiologists to open blocked arteries in the heart and restore blood flow using robotic technology.
- STEMI Treatment (ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction) is the most severe type of heart attack where a heart artery is blocked and blood cannot flow to the heart. Wellstar cardiology coordinates with our EMS partners to diagnose a heart attack in the ambulance, bypass the emergency department and go straight to the cath lab to have the artery opened quickly.
- Peripheral Vascular Treatments are catheterizations and other treatments to clear blockages in arteries in other parts of the body beyond the heart.
Wellstar cardiologists have access to a network of experts ensuring the complete care for your specific condition. We offer several subspecialty programs.
Cardiac electrophysiology focuses on the heart's electrical system and the treatment of irregular heartbeats or arrhythmias.
Learn more about cardiac electrophysiology at Wellstar
Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
Wellstar cardiologists specializing in advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology focus on treating this chronic, progressive condition in which the heart muscle is unable to pump enough blood to meet the body's needs for blood and oxygen. Treatment usually starts with medication therapy, but there are other options when medicines no longer work.
Learn more about advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology at Wellstar
Structural Heart Program
Wellstar's Structural Heart program focuses on treating defects of the heart, either congenital or acquired, including problems with heart valves, walls or chambers. Wellstar heart specialists can now treat many conditions with minimally invasive techniques to reduce complications and speed recovery.
Learn more about the Wellstar Structural Heart Program
Cardiovascular surgery focuses on diagnosing and surgically treating conditions of the heart, lungs and chest, such as heart valve disease, aortic aneurysm, coronary artery disease, arrhythmias and heart failure.
Learn more about cardiovascular surgery at Wellstar
Wellstar pediatric cardiologists focus on the care for children with heart conditions.
Learn more about pediatric cardiology at Wellstar
Wellstar cardiac rehabilitation specializes in optimum cardiovascular recovery from a cardiac event or surgery.
Learn more about cardiac rehabilitation at Wellstar