If you have a complicated or complex case, Wellstar Kennestone Hospital and Wellstar North Fulton Hospital now offer the highest level of stroke treatment. Using a multidisciplinary approach, our cerebrovascular and neurocritical care team treats the most severe strokes effectively.
That means, no matter what Wellstar hospital you are in, you’ll always have access to expert care.
Wellstar Kennestone Hospital and Wellstar North Fulton Hospital offer many state-of-the art treatments and technologies, including neurointerventional biplane suites. This imaging provides 3D views of blood vessels deep within the brain for a more accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Four Wellstar hospitals are also primary stroke centers, including Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center, Wellstar Cobb Hospital, Wellstar North Fulton Hospital and Wellstar Spalding Regional Hospital.
From diagnostic testing to life-saving emergency care to physical rehabilitation, Wellstar provides comprehensive stroke care so you can get back to life, faster.
Spotting a stroke starts with you
Learning the warning signs of a stroke may help you save a life—even your own. Remember to BE FAST, and get help immediately if you notice symptoms below.
- Balance—Look for sudden loss of balance or coordination. Symptoms can also include a sudden, severe headache or dizziness.
- Eyes—Ask if the person is having trouble seeing out of one or both eyes. This can also consist of blurred vision, double vision or loss of vision.
- Face—See if one side of the face is drooping or feeling numb. Check if the person’s smile appears uneven or lopsided.
- Arms—Watch for sudden arm weakness or numbness. See if the person can raise both arms without one drifting downward.
- Speech—Listen for slurred speech or difficulty speaking. You can have the person repeat a simple sentence to check their speech abilities.
- Time—Time is brain. Waiting to get care leads to lasting, irreversible brain damage. If you notice any of these symptoms, don’t delay—call 911 right away.