At Wellstar, we know that painful bone or joint symptoms can prevent you
from living your fullest life. That’s why we deliver orthopedic care that’s tailored for your individual needs.
Whether a total joint replacement could help you keep up with your grandchildren
or a minimally invasive procedure might get you back on the sports field,
our care is designed to help you live the life you want to lead.
Get back to the life you love
The support of our comprehensive program begins as soon as your doctor recommends surgery. At our outpatient surgery center, you’ll receive personalized care in our intimate, respectful and family-like setting where your nurse navigator will guide and support you through your complete orthopedic health journey. We utilize minimally invasive, arthroscopic techniques whenever possible, which typically involve shorter recoveries with fewer complications.
Total Joint Care
Our specialists have a keen understanding of how bones, joints, tendons and muscles work together to keep you moving well. When a condition causes pain or keeps your body from behaving as you’d expect, you may benefit from services to help correct the problem. Whenever possible, we utilize state-of-the-art technology to deliver focused care with fewer complications and less recovery time.
Total joint care allows us to address a variety of bone and joint concerns. Specialized treatments we offer include:
- Total hip and knee replacement
- Total knee/hip revisions
- Hip resurfacing
At Wellstar, we feature:
- Georgia’s preeminent, major joint replacement and reconstruction program for hip and knee joints affected by arthritis
- The only SPECT/CT scanner in Northwest Georgia which can evaluate both function and anatomy in a single procedure for a more accurate diagnosis
- Sports medicine for treatment of shoulder, knee and ankle injuries of professional, collegiate and local teams
- Collaborative treatment options between Wellstar rheumatologists and orthopedists for MSK medical and surgical care
Our podiatrists provide expert foot care to help restore or maintain your mobility. We offer care for a wide variety of foot issues from circulation disorders to fallen arches. Patients travel from out of state to receive nerve decompression treatment in our clinic.
Pediatric Orthopedic Care
Wellstar’s pediatric orthopedic specialists are expertly trained to understand a young person’s growth and development. We’re ready to help your baby, child or teen achieve the best possible recovery, whether they’re dealing with a congenital disease, a condition of overuse or an acute injury. We’ll guide every step of your loved one's orthopedic treatment journey.
We offer specialized care and treatments designed for young patients to address:
- Broken arms or legs
- Knee or shoulder problems
- Hip disorders
- Botox/Dysport injections for spasticity
- Sports injuries