Emergency Department Information
Wellstar is working closely with EMS partners, local emergency departments, government officials and community partners to ensure a smooth transition. We invite community organizations to download and share the flyers below to help communicate the planned ED closure, or to reach out to us at [email protected] if interested in receiving printed materials.
Call 911 in an emergency
Grady Memorial Hospital Emergency Department (1.1 miles away from AMC)
80 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive SE
Phone: (404) 616-1000
Emory University Hospital Midtown Emergency Department (1 mile away from AMC)
550 W Peachtree Street NW
Phone: (404) 686-2435
Piedmont Atlanta Hospital Emergency Department (4.4 miles away from AMC)
1968 Peachtree Road NW
Phone: (404) 605-5000
Emory University Hospital Emergency Department (4.6 miles away from AMC)
1364 Clifton Road NE
Phone: (404) 712-7100
Emory Decatur Hospital Emergency Department (6.8 miles away from AMC)
2701 N Decatur Road
Phone: (404) 501-1000
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Hughes Spalding Emergency Department (1.1 miles away from AMC)
35 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive SE
Phone: (404) 785-9650
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Egleston Emergency Department (4.9 miles away from AMC)
1405 Clifton Road NE
Phone: (404) 785-5437
Wellstar is proud to be the largest provider of uncompensated care in Georgia, serving diverse communities across our region.
We remain committed to enhancing the health and well-being of Atlantans. Wellstar will continue to deliver high-quality, compassionate care for those who need us, including at the following locations near AMC:
Where to Seek Care
- Wellstar Inman Krog Primary Care & Imaging – 670 DeKalb Ave. NE
- Wellstar Family Medicine Morrow – 1000 Corporate Center Dr.
- Wellstar Princeton Lakes Family Medicine – 3890 Redwine Rd. SW
- Wellstar Stockbridge Urgent Care – 3576 Hwy 138 SE
- Wellstar Camp Creek Imaging & Urgent Care – 3730 Carmia Dr. SW
- Wellstar East Point Urgent Care – 1170 Cleveland Ave.
Wellstar Health System has an extensive network of primary and specialty care physicians available to serve you. Find additional Wellstar physicians near you by searching here or by calling us at 470-956-STAR.
Changes to Physician Offices
Please note that most Wellstar Medical Group (WMG) physician offices affiliated with Atlanta Medical Center (AMC) will close by November 18, 2022, with the exception of those noted above. With the closure of the inpatient services at AMC, these physician offices are not positioned to provide the integrated care patients need moving forward.
Patients at affected clinician offices will receive a letter from Wellstar about where their physician is moving or how they can find a new clinician at Wellstar or another healthcare provider according to their needs and location.
Offices at AMC Medical Office Buildings
- Wellstar Global Orthopedics at 285 Boulevard NE – Converting to a non-Wellstar private practice on Nov. 30
- Wellstar Internal Medicine at 285 Boulevard NE – Relocating to Cobb on Oct. 28
- Wellstar Surgical Specialists of Atlanta at 315 Boulevard NE – Relocating to Kennestone on Nov. 18
- Wellstar Orthopedic Surgery at 320 Parkway Dr. NE – Relocating to Kennestone on Nov. 1
- Wellstar Neurosurgery at 285 Boulevard NE – Closing Nov. 18
- Wellstar OB/GYN at 285 Boulevard NE – Closing Nov. 1
- Wellstar Rheumatology at 285 Boulevard NE – Closing Nov. 18
Offices at Other Locations
- Wellstar Family Medicine at 3355 Cascade Road - Closing on Nov. 18
- Wellstar Family Medicine at 1136 Cleveland Ave. – Closing on Nov. 18
- Wellstar General Surgery at 1136 Cleveland Ave. – Closing Nov. 18
- Wellstar Family Medicine at 560 Amsterdam Ave. – Closing Nov. 18
- Wellstar Cardiovascular Medicine at 229 Peachtree St. NE – Closing Nov. 18
- Wellstar Cardiovascular Medicine at 3886 Princeton Lakes Way SW – Closing Nov. 7
- Wellstar Urogynecology at 3886 Princeton Lakes Way SW – Closing Nov. 18
- Wellstar Urology at 3886 Princeton Lakes Way SW – Closed Sept. 30