COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Construction Vendors and Sub-Contractors
Effective Friday, October 1, 2021, construction personnel on most projects within Wellstar facilities must be fully vaccinated and are required to provide valid proof of full COVID-19 vaccination upon request.
This requirement is specifically for projects located within an active area occupied by staff and patients without dedicated, direct access from the exterior. On these projects, all construction personnel is required to be fully vaccinated and wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
To ensure compliance, the general contractor or prime contractor will establish a crewed checkpoint at the job site entrance to screen workers. The person at the checkpoint will review each worker’s CDC-issued vaccine card or Excelsior COVID-19 Vaccination Pass; ensure they are not exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, and issue a daily sticker for their job site pass. Non-compliant workers will not be permitted to enter. Wellstar will spot-check construction personnel from time to time. If you do not use Vendormate, you must also confirm you have read the Wellstar Onsite and Visiting Vendor COVID-19 Vaccination Guidance and/or the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Construction Vendors and Sub-Contractors by signing the attached attestation document.
Even though we are firmly committed to requiring COVID-19 vaccines, we do understand a construction site is a unique environment. To help mitigate the overall impact to project schedules and costs, construction personnel need to wear appropriate PPE but do not need to be fully vaccinated if the construction site:
- Has dedicated direct access from the exterior, and
- Is in an isolated area away from any adjacent clinical or team member areas, and
- Is equipped with negative air exhaust directly to the exterior.
Keep in Mind
- Anyone with symptoms including fever, cough, difficulty breathing, body aches, chills, or a new loss of sense of smell or taste should not enter a Wellstar facility.
- Everyone is required to comply with Wellstar’s masking, screening and social distancing guidelines while on Wellstar locations.
- A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine or two weeks after receiving the second dose of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines.
- Appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) — OSHA required hardhats, eye protection, gloves, and vests. In addition, all job sites will require masks.
Failure to properly prepare for October 1, 2021, effective date could result in your teams’ inability to access Wellstar facilities. Please ensure your teams are aware as soon as possible and make any necessary arrangements to start the on-site screening.