Volunteer at Wellstar West Georgia Medical Center
Your Gift of Time
Volunteers are a vital part of the Wellstar community. Reassuring the apprehensive patient, bringing a warm smile to a worried visitor, sharing hope—as a volunteer you can be of help in these and countless other ways. Hundreds of people have found that volunteering as little as four hours a week enriches their own lives.
Becoming a Volunteer
Volunteers play an integral part in the Wellstar West Georgia Medical Center community — providing valuable services to the medical center and its two nursing homes, Florence Hand Home and Twin Fountains Home. If you are interested in volunteering, you will have a wide variety of opportunities to match your skills and interests, such as assisting patients to treatment areas, delivering flowers, providing complimentary books, delivering and reading mail to nursing home residents, assisting customers in the gift shop and more.
- Call Room — Assist patients upon admission to treatment areas, deliver flowers, and escort patients and belongings to dismissal area.
- Central Supply — Assist the staff with assembling and counting inventory, stocking shelves, and other tasks as assigned.
- Chaplains/Spiritual Health — Provide religious, spiritual, and humanist care to all patients and families.
- Enoch Callaway Cancer Center — Serve as a host for patients and family members and transport labs to main hospital.
- Florence Hand Home/Twin Fountains Home — Help with various activities provided for the residents, deliver and read mail, visit with residents, staff beauty shop, work in the library, etc.
- Gift Shop — Assist customers, ring up sales (a great portion of auxiliary funds are raised in the gift shop).
- Information Desk — Provide information to visitors regarding patient rooms and directions.
- Mobile Book Cart — Provide complimentary book service to patients, visitors, and team members.
Fill out the form
- Complete the online volunteer application form.
- Have your physician complete and sign your medical release form.
- Complete the background check consent form.
- Applicants born after 1957 must include immunization records.
- Drop the forms off at the Information Desk in the South Tower Lobby, email to Susan Ferguson at [email protected] or mail to: Volunteer Services, 1514 Vernon Road, LaGrange, GA 30240.
- Learn hospital policies and procedures.
- Learn about confidentiality and volunteer agreements.
- Order complimentary uniform, complete TB testing, and obtain hospital name badge.