VolunTeen Program at Wellstar Kennestone
Make a difference in your community while having fun and exploring the healthcare environment at Wellstar Kennestone Regional Medical Center. Our program is designed to provide students interested in healthcare careers access to the operations of a world-class medical center.
High School VolunteersVolunteering is a fun activity, with lots of hospital exposure. However, it is also a serious commitment. VolunTeens provide hundreds of hours of valuable service to our patients, visitors and team members. Wellstar Kennestone Regional Medical Center offers volunteer opportunities for high school students aged 16-18 in a variety of settings, including, but not limited to, customer service, clinical and non-clinical departments, patient transport and wayfinding. We accept applications in February for the summer session. Students accepted into the summer program can continue to volunteer during the school year with approval from the Volunteer Services team. If you are interested in applying for our program, please complete the VolunTeen Application during the open application period (February) and submit all required forms. Once all forms are received, you will be contacted to schedule an interview. Those accepted into the program will be notified via email with information regarding TB testing and orientation requirements.
Dates and Deadlines
- Program dates: June - July
- Application open: February
- Interviews: March
- Orientation: April
- Complete the online application.
- Print the Medical Release Form and have your physician complete the form and return it to Kennestone Volunteer Services at [email protected] or fax to 770-999-2745.
- Provide current Immunization Record:
- Obtain proof of immunizations. We require proof of two Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR), two Varicella immunizations, or proof that you have had the disease, as well as documentation of the Tdap (Pertussis/Whooping Cough) vaccination.