Lung cancer screening can detect cancer earlier, before symptoms show up. Earlier-stage cancers are more easily treatable and more frequently cured, so if you are at increased risk of developing lung cancer, you could benefit from regular low-dose CT scans to monitor your lung health. To expand access to these vital screenings, Wellstar will offer screenings at several imaging locations on Saturday, Nov. 12.
“Lung screening improves a person’s chances of detecting a lung cancer at an early stage and being cured of that cancer,” said Wellstar Thoracic Surgeon Dr. William Mayfield.
Wellstar is partnering with the National Lung Cancer Roundtable, established by the American Cancer Society, the American College of Radiology, the GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer and the Radiology Healthy Equity Coalition to celebrate National Lung Cancer Screening Day on Nov. 12. While lung scans are always available at Wellstar’s conveniently located imaging centers during regular business hours, offering these Saturday hours will help patients fit screenings into their schedules.
Ask your provider about whether you meet the criteria for screening, or call (470) 793-4AIR (4247) to learn more about qualifying and to make an appointment for a scan. The following Wellstar imaging locations will be open Saturday, Nov. 12:
- Wellstar Acworth Health Park. 4550 Cobb Parkway North NW, Suite 109 in Acworth. Open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wellstar Avalon Health Park. 2450 Old Milton Parkway, Suite 101 in Alpharetta.Open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wellstar Paulding Medical Center. 2518 Jimmy Lee Smith Parkway in Hiram. Open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wellstar Imaging Services at Cobb Medical Center. 1625 Hospital North Drive in Austell. Open from 8 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Wellstar Spalding Medical Center. 601 South 8th Street in Griffin. Open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. When you arrive, please check in at the Emergency Department outpatient waiting room.
- Wellstar Vinings Health Park. 4441 Atlanta Road SE, Suite 101 in Smyrna. Open from 8 a.m. to noon.
In addition to these special hours on Nov. 12, low-dose CT lung scans are available at several Wellstar imaging locations. Call (470) 793-4AIR (4247) to learn more or schedule a screening.