Wellstar Speech-Language Pathology
Speech-Language Pathologists evaluate and treat adults and children with communication skills, swallowing, speech, language and cognitive (thinking) skills.
Speech Therapy at Wellstar
Wellstar speech-language pathologists work closely with doctors trained in many areas, including brain and nervous system, ear, nose and throat, rehabilitation, children's medical conditions and others to provide therapy.
Conditions and Symptoms
- Apraxia of speech, including childhood apraxia of speech
- Cognitive disorders associated with acquired brain injury, stroke and dementia
- Craniofacial disorders (cleft lip and palate)
- Developmental speech, language and communication disorders (specific language disability, speech sound delay, autism, stuttering)
- Voice disorders (spasmodic dysphonia, laryngectomy)
- Unexplained acquired voice or speech disorders
Specialty typically treats:
- Traumatic brain injury