Hematology at Wellstar
Wellstar’s hematology experts care for patients with blood disorders, including conditions of red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets, leukemia and sickle cell. Our world-class care team provides quick diagnoses so treatment can begin as soon as possible.
Hematology-oncology specializes in diagnosing, treating and preventing a broad range blood cancer. Our experts, trained in hematology (the study of blood) and oncology (the study of cancer), develop personalized, comprehensive treatment plans for diseases such as Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas, leukemias and multiple myelomas.
Wellstar’s hematology-oncology physicians offer state-of-the-art therapies, such as immunotherapy, for leukemias, lymphomas and solid tumors. Our team creates a treatment plan just for you, customized for your lifestyle and your type of cancer, to achieve the best possible outcome.
Our experienced doctors use innovative treatments to give you the best possible outcome, including:
- Immune therapy
- Virotherapy (using a virus to kill cancer cells).
- Immune checkpoint inhibitors (drugs that aid your system in targeting cancer cells).
- T-cell therapy (using a patient’s cells to attack cancer cells).
Comprehensive, Complementary Care
Wellstar hematologists focus on treating the whole person providing complementary care, with services including nutrition counseling, integrative medicine and psychiatry.
Specialty typically treats:
- Bone marrow failure disorders
- Disorders of red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets
- Hemophilia and coagulation problems
- Hematologic malignancies
- Hodgkin lymphoma
- Myeloproliferative disorders
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Sickle cell anemia