WellStar Health System, the largest health system in Georgia, is known nationally for its innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare. Staying ahead of the curve in technology has enabled WellStar to be leaders in both the diagnosis and treatment of an extensive array of health conditions. Serving a diverse population, WellStar consistently looks at total patient wellness and works to ensure that all systems support that focus. WellStar is recognized nationally as an Employer of Choice and is featured on FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list and Work Mother Magazine’s Best Companies list.
Specialists and primary care providers work in a multi-disciplinary environment with 20,000 team members throughout our 11 hospitals, 225 medical office locations, outpatient centers, health parks, a pediatric center, nursing centers, hospice, homecare. By working through a patient-centered model of care, WellStar places enormous value on quality and safety with many accolades to support our work.
WellStar’s senior leadership, Board of Trustees, Authority, Regional and Foundation Boards evaluate our community’s emerging needs to equip our facilities with the best new technology. We know that healthy patients come from healthy neighborhoods, and finding ways to deliver better care in metro Atlanta is a big part of who we are. As a not-for-profit, WellStar continually reinvests into the health of its communities through new treatments, services and facilities.
Whether you need to find a physician online or through our 956-STAR Call Center, we can connect you with the South’s best doctors – right around the corner. And, to uphold our founding intentions of giving back to our community, the WellStar Foundation continues each year to fund initiatives ranging from new buildings to genetic testing services.
To deliver world-class healthcare.
To create and deliver high quality hospital, physician and other healthcare related services that improve the health and well-being of the individuals and communities we serve.
- 11 hospitals
- 8 urgent care centers
- 16 satellite diagnostic imaging centers
- Two health parks and a pediatric center
- One adult congregate living facility
- Three skilled nursing facility
- Three inpatient hospices
- More than 1,000 physicians and advanced practice professionals in WellStar Medical Group
- 225 medical office locations
- 20,000 employees
- More than 2,500 medical staff members
What We Give Back
- A Level II Trauma Center designation at Kennestone Hospital to significantly boost care availability for trauma patients in our service area.
- Free genetic counseling and testing for 42 patients in FY 2010 with the help of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- Free transportation for radiation and chemotherapy patients lacking a means of travel with the help of Lockheed Martin’s AERO Club.
- A world-class, $12 million hospice facility designed from the ground-up to enhance patient care and comfort.
- More than 600 screening mammograms, 160 diagnostic mammograms, 175 ultrasounds, 20 breast MRIs and seven interventional breast diagnostic procedures through the Talking Shop program.
- A renovated and improved Cobb County community clinic at WellStar Kennestone Hospital.