Wellstar Physical Therapy
Acworth, GA 30101
Rehabilitation therapy is founded on the sincere purpose of help people. In order to accomplish this, we must be sure that all patients understand:
- The importance of attending ALL of your appointments prescribed by the Therapist as your program is customized to exactly what you need to fully recover.
- Good attendance in therapy is absolutely crucial to pain relief and long lasting results.
- Based upon many years of treating patients- we have found that patients who do not keep their appointments consistently are in therapy several weeks longer or do not achieve optimal results.
Therefore, we ask for your fullest commitment and perseverance in completing your program by making every effort to attend your therapy appointments. The treatment results are cumulative, and greatly dependent on regular attendance.
24-Hour notice is required to cancel appointments
24-hour notification is required in order to avoid any fees for missed appointments. When you do not provide 24-hour notice of cancellation or if you "no-show/no-call", you hurt a total of 3 people every time:
- Yourself, because you now have an interruption in your care, and results will take longer. Any improvements you have made in a previous session can be lost by waiting too long for the next visit or by missing a visit for that week. Results are cumulative.
- Another Patient: It causes hardships on another patient when they could have scheduled in a more preferable time slot, or may have started care earlier but did not have enough notice to plan to be here.
- Your Physical Therapist: Your therapist has set aside one-on-one time for you. When you do not give sufficient notice to reschedule they are unable to help you or any other patient during that time slot.
Fees for Missed Appointments
The fee for missing an appointment without 24-hour notice is $30. This fee is due at the time of the next appointment and is not covered by insurance.
Wellstar financial counselors are available to help you set up a payment plan to enable you to meet your obligations. Self-pay patients who are not receiving Wellstar Community Financial Aid are expected to pay their defined responsibility toward their bill at the time of the visit.