Wellstar Cobb Medical Center / Wellstar Health System PGY1 / PGY2 HSPAL Residency Program
Learn More About Us
Pharmaceutical Services at Wellstar CobbWellstar Cobb Medical Center Pharmacy Department utilizes automated drug delivery throughout the hospital. We have a Central Pharmacy, Operating Room (OR) Satellite, and Outpatient Infusion Centers (OPICs). In addition, pharmacists are decentralized and participate in daily physician-led interdisciplinary rounds. The clinical pharmacy team includes specialists in emergency medicine, critical care, transitions of care, infectious disease, pain management, internal medicine, drug information, and neonatal medicine/women's health.
About Wellstar CobbLocated north of Atlanta, Wellstar Cobb is a 382-bed tertiary care facility, Advanced Primary Care Stroke Center, and Level III Trauma Center serving South Cobb County’s health needs. Wellstar Cobb offers cancer and cardiac programs, emergency and intensive care services, an inpatient burn program, accredited total joint program, private maternity center, and onsite heart failure clinic. Wellstar Cobb Medical Center
3950 Austell Road
Austell, GA 30106
About Wellstar Health SystemAt Wellstar Health System, we make a difference every day by improving quality and access to healthcare in communities, big and small. With locations across metro Atlanta and beyond, Wellstar is one of the largest health systems in Georgia. Learn more about us.
PGY1 YearRefer to the Wellstar Cobb PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program.
PGY2 YearRotational (duration in weeks)
- Orientation* (7)
- System Medication Safety/Process Improvement* (4)
- Outpatient Infusion Pharmacy Management* (5)
- Outpatient (Retail) Pharmacy Management* (4)
- Pharmacy Informatics (4)
- Revenue Management and Reimbursement (4)
- Clinical Pharmacy Leadership* (48)
- Health-System Pharmacy Leadership* (48)
- Hospital Pharmacy Practice* (52)
- Inpatient Hospital Pharmacy Leadership* (48)
- Research* (48)
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive stipend estimated at $49,275 (PGY1 Year) and $52,000 (PGY2 Year)
- 403(b) tax-deferred investment program for retirement
- Travel imbursement and registration for the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Southeastern Residency Conference (SERC)
- Paid Time Off (PTO): accrual of up to 23 days per year for holidays, vacation, and sick days
- Extended Illness Bank (EIB): accrual of up to 5 days per year
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Library services with online access to most medical journals
- Onsite fitness facility with reduced membership rates for team members
How to Apply
Admission RequirementsThe PGY1 year of the residency program begins in mid-June and ends on June 30th of the following year. At the start of the residency program, the resident must possess a Doctor of Pharmacy degree and should have either:
- An active Georgia pharmacist license and ability to function in the role of a pharmacist,
- A Georgia temporary pharmacist license and ability to function in the role of a pharmacist pending licensure as a pharmacist in the state of Georgia
Application InstructionsThe Wellstar PGY1/PGY2 HSPAL Residency program (NMS code: 302541) participates in the ASHP Resident Matching Program (the Match).
- Register with the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS™) and the ASHP Resident Matching Program for participation in the Match.
- Submit letter of intent, curriculum vitae, pharmacy college transcripts, and three letters of recommendation.
- Complete the online application for the Wellstar Cobb Medical Center PGY1 Pharmacy Resident position at careers.wellstar.org.
- The PhORCAS and Wellstar Cobb resident position applications must be submitted by January 7th of the residency year for participation in Phase I of the Match.
- All completed applications will be screened and qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule a formal interview.
Visa Sponsorship/Graduates of Foreign ProgramsWe welcome applications from non-U.S. citizens who have a “green card” (permanent resident status) or a current visa valid through the entire duration of the residency program. Wellstar Health System PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency programs are unable to sponsor visas for pharmacy residents.
Looking for our PGY1 program?Wellstar Cobb Medical Center PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program
Contact UsFor more information, please contact:
- Yona D. Roberts, PharmD, BCPS
- Residency Program Director
- [email protected]
The PGY1/PGY2 Health-System Pharmacy Administration and Leadership Residency Program conducted by Wellstar Cobb Medical Center and Wellstar Health System in Austell, Georgia is accredited by ASHP.