Volunteer at Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center
Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center volunteers staff the information desk and gift shop at both Midtown and East Point locations. Volunteers also provide critical support to staff and nurses on hospital floors, in the emergency room and in the operating rooms.
- Complete the volunteer application form.
- Have your physician complete and sign your medical release form.
- Applicants born after 1957 must include immunization records.
- Drop the forms off at the Department of Volunteer Services, or fax to (404) 265-3725.
- You can also mail the forms to:
Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center: Volunteer Services
303 Parkway Drive NE
Atlanta, GA 30312
- Complete and sign a background check permission form.
- Talk about why you want to volunteer and specific areas of interest.
- Learn about the requirements and benefits of being a volunteer.
- Interviews are typically held between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Some positions may require a second round of interviews.
- Learn hospital policies and procedures.
- Learn about confidentiality and volunteer agreements.
- Purchase uniform at Department of Volunteer Services.
Most volunteer opportunities are available 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. There are limited openings for volunteers for evenings and weekends. Volunteers are asked to commit for at least one four-hour shift each week for six months or 100 hours, whichever comes first.