Women and WellStar
Women have been, and continue to be, an integral part of the success of WellStar Health System, Northwest Georgia’s largest not-for-profit healthcare provider.
The strength, inspiration, and influence of women help us to continue our mission of delivering world-class healthcare.
The mission of Women in Philanthropy is to inspire and empower women to fulfill their philanthropic potential by telling the WellStar story in the community and encouraging others to help create and support world-class healthcare.
Click here to join Women in Philanthropy today!
Who We Are
Women in Philanthropy is a Giving Society started by the WellStar Foundation. Over $240,000 has been donated to help fund much needed medical equipment, in addition to community health projects and programs that help those in need.
Programs and Efforts We Have Supported
- Genetic Risk Assessment Program
- Infant Bereavement Fund at WellStar Kennestone and Cobb Hospitals
- New Giraffe Onmi-Bed for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of WellStar Kennestone Hospital
- Children's Retreat at WellStar Community Hospice’s new in-patient Tranquility at Kennesaw Mountain
- Cancer Prevention (through lung cancer screenings, digital mammogram and diagnostic procedure vouchers, and genetic risk assessment)
Become A Member
With an annual gift of $1,000 (or $500 for those under 40), you will enjoy the following benefits of membership:
- Invitations to Quarterly Women in Philanthropy educational socials
- Behind-the-Scenes Facility Tours
- Women in Philanthropy newsletter
- Recognition in WellStar Foundation newsletters