Sarcoidosis Ongoing Care
WellStar’s world-class, community-based physicians utilize state-of-the-art medical centers and hospitals with the latest technologies and medical resources. Our clinicians are dedicated to:
- Helping you create and maintain healthy lifestyles
- Offering advice to prevent illness and injuries
- Providing early and appropriate care of acute illness to prevent its progression
Pulmonary Medicine at WellStar
WellStar Pulmonary Network provides top-flight pulmonary care throughout the WellStar Health System. Each of WellStar’s physicians, certified in their field, have the knowledge and skill needed to diagnose and treat all pulmonary conditions and diseases, ranging from asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, pneumonia, respiratory failure, pulmonary hypertension, lung cancer and sleep apnea. In addition, many of our providers have special training in internal medicine, pulmonary diseases and critical care medicine. As a result, you can feel confident - at every level - about your pulmonary care at WellStar.
Phone: 770.956.STAR (7827)
Ongoing Care at Home
Proper care and treatment of sarcoidosis can often improve symptoms and help you live longer. You and your WellStar physician can work together to make your life more comfortable, so pay close attention to your body and your post-treatment regiment and keep your doctor updated. As part of your post-treatment care and in addition to maintaining a healthy diet and exercise, you should:
- Seek prompt medical attention when symptoms increase in severity
- Keep track of all medications you take.
- Keep track of your weight and blood pressure
- Write down your questions, and never be afraid to ask your WellStar physicians for clarification regarding your condition or your treatment