Pediatric Viral Infections Ongoing Care
Most viral infections will get better with symptomatic treatment such as pain control and reducing fever with acetaminophen or Ibuprofen. Parents can make their children more comfortable as they recover by using home-based care, such as providing plenty of rest and fluids.
WellStar offers long-standing, community-based pediatricians who are close to home and trained to:
- Help you determine healthy lifestyles for your child and useful ways to role model your choices
- Offer advice to prevent illness and injuries
- Provide early and appropriate care of acute illness to prevent its progression
- Treat life-threatening childhood conditions requiring intensive care
- Guide you in anticipating your child’s needs from birth to adulthood
Pediatric Emergency and Immediate Care Center
Certified nurses with pediatric advanced life support certification work with WellStar’s board-certified emergency services physicians in the Pediatric EDs at WellStar Cobb and Kennestone hospitals. The Pediatric Emergency Department at WellStar Kennestone Hospital is open seven days a week, from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. The Pediatric ED at WellStar Cobb Hospital is open seven days a week, 24 hours a day.