Northwest Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Associates (NWOMS) is affiliated with WellStar Health System as a preferred provider for oral and maxillofacial surgical services. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons are trained to treat conditions, defects, injuries and esthetic aspects of the mouth, teeth, jaws and face.
Oral and maxillofacial (OM) surgeons are the only dental specialists recognized by the American Dental Association who are surgically trained in a hospital-based residency program for at least four years.
- Manage diseases of the teeth and soft and hard tissues
- Surgically reconstruct inadequate bone structure in the jaw
- Place dental implants to replace one or more missing teeth
- Treat head and neck trauma and injuries to the face, jaws, mouth and teeth
- Diagnose and treat facial pain
- Diagnose and treat oral cancer and other diseases
- Perform corrective jaw surgery to improve the function and appearance of patients with conditions like cleft lip, palate and other defects
- Diagnose and surgically treat obstructive sleep apnea
- Perform facial cosmetic procedures to enhance facial appearance and function
Oral and maxillofacial surgeons are the only non-anesthesiologists who can administer all levels of sedation and general anesthesia. Anesthesia administered in our office ranges from conscious sedation to deep IV sedation and general anesthesia based on the specific procedure and patient needs.