WellStar Foundation Champions Campaign 2012-2013: Help Make a Difference for Newborns with On-Site Bilirubinometers
This year, we are raising money to make a difference for newborn babies by providing cutting-edge technology to WellStar Medical Group (WMG) Pediatric Practices. If bilirubinometers could be placed on-site in pediatric practices, then results could arrive in 30 minutes or less. That means minutes instead of hours for a newborn.
Did you know…
- 60% of all babies have jaundice, which is caused by high levels of bilirubin in the blood.
- Bilirubinometers take the critical measure of bilirubin in newborn babies.
- Fast treatment of jaundice is critical to a baby’s health.
- Standard care in the U.S. today requires newborn babies and their families to proceed to off-site laboratories for testing.
- Test results for jaundice in newborns at most laboratories take an average of three to four hours to arrive.
- If the normal waiting period could pose any risk, emergency rooms are used to expedite the testing
- Recent advancements in bilirubinometer technology have made accurate, on-site testing in less time now possible
The addition of bilirubinometers will keep more babies – and their families – happy, healthy, and safe.
WellStar Medical Group Pediatrics consists of 60 world-class providers and 14 different locations that serve five counties (Cobb, Cherokee, Douglas, Paulding, Bartow). They conduct 210,000 visits for babies and children annually and selflessly give of their time in many ways each day.
Become a WellStar Champion
The WellStar Champions Committee seeks annual support from community members at the $100 or higher level. While all contributions are greatly appreciated, during this special campaign, we are specifically seeking gifts of $100, $250, or even $500.
Click Here to Become a WellStar Champion Today
If you or your company would like to become more involved with this project, please contact Kati Hyland at 470-956-6673or email Kati at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the WellStar Foundation
For almost 20 years, the WellStar Foundation has acted as a supporting organization to WellStar Health System, Northwest Georgia’s largest not-for-profit healthcare provider. WellStar Champions help the Foundation make a difference in the communities we serve.