Frequently, families ask how they can give back to WellStar Community Hospice in return for the wonderful care given to their family.
Donations are gratefully received and are used to extend compassionate care to other patients and families who may lack financial resources to receive hospice care.
There are several ways to give:
- A statement may be made in an obituary announcement that in lieu of flowers, a gift may be made in memory of a family member. Memorial gifts provide care for patients who need financial assistance to receive hospice care.
- A gift may be made to the Angel Fund Endowment, a fund that will provide inpatient hospice care to those who do not have the ability to pay. A gift to the endowment leaves a legacy for patients and families for years to come. The goal is $5 million.
- A memorial brick, engraved with the name of a family member or friend, may be given for a $100 donation. The brick is placed in the memorial walkway at Tranquility at Cobb or Tranquility at Kennesaw Mountain and is a lasting way to honor someone special. Forms are available in the lobby of each Tranquility inpatient hospice.
- A gift may be given in honor of a loved one or friend to recognize a special person or occasion.
- Families may wish to designate a gift in their estate for WellStar Community Hospice, or wish to give a gift from the estate of their family member to Hospice.
Gifts for WellStar Community Hospice may be given by check or credit card.
Click here to donate online.
Gifts are given through the WellStar Foundation, which has acted as the supporting organization for WellStar Health System for almost 20 years. WellStar Community Hospice is an integral part of who we are. Because WellStar is not-for-profit, 100% of your gift is used for the purpose which you designate.
If you are writing a check, please make it payable to WellStar Foundation, and state that your gift is for Hospice. Also state the purpose of your gift. Donation envelopes are available in the lobby of each Tranquility. An acknowledgment is sent to the donor, and the family is notified of a gift given in memory or in honor of a loved one.
For more information, please contact M.Sharon Smith, Director of Hospice Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at 470-956-6684.
WELLSTAR COMMUNITY HOSPICE
c/o WELLSTAR FOUNDATION
2000 SOUTH PARK PLACE; SUITE 200
ATLANTA, GEORGIA 30339