The NEW VISION™ Service offers inpatient medical stabilization for adults experiencing acute withdrawal symptoms from drugs, alcohol and related health issues. The New Vision service is voluntary. Patients are admitted to the regular medical floors of WellStar’s Cobb hospital.
Our multidisciplinary team includes a medical director and nursing team members. An attending physician is available to treat New Vision patients 24 hours a day. Because medical stabilization is being provided in a hospital setting, all of the patient's medical needs can be addressed.
- New Vision is specifically designed for patients who are experiencing acute withdrawal symptoms from cessation of their substance use
- Medically supervised hospital stay that typically lasts three days
- Medical assessments completed at the time of admission
- Discharge plans with referrals to a physician and substance abuse treatment centers are completed prior to hospital discharge
- Most commercial insurances accepted (EXCLUSIONS: WellCare, Coventry, Magellan, BlueCross/Blue Shield for Opiates only)
- Medicaid/Medicare plans accepted
- Patients presenting with severe psychiatric disorders, e.g., schizophrenia, are referred to the WellStar Behavioral Health Unit.
- Need for admission is determined by our physicians
For more information call 770-739-4670 or visit WellStar Behavioral Health. Intake staff is available from Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.