WellStar Windy Hill Hospital in Marietta provides, among other services, long-term acute care, a special mission that requires special volunteers. WellStar Windy Hill Hospital volunteers help in outpatient surgery, the long-term acute care unit and the gift shop.
Joining the WellStar Windy Hill Hospital volunteer program is as easy as one, two, three.
One: Fill Out the Forms >>
- Complete the volunteer application form.
- Have your physician complete and sign your medical release form (.pdf).
- Applicants born after 1957 must include immunization records.
- Drop the forms off at the Department of Volunteer Services or fax to 770-793-7128.
- You can also mail the forms to:
WellStar Kennestone Hospital: Volunteer Services
677 Church Street
Marietta, GA 30060
Two: Complete the Interview >>
- Complete and sign a background check permission form.
- Talk about why you want to volunteer and specific areas of interest.
- Learn about the requirements and benefits of being a volunteer.
- Interviews are typically held between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Some positions may require a second round of interviews.
Three: Attend Orientation >>
- Learn hospital policies and procedures.
- Learn about confidentiality and volunteer agreements.
- Purchase uniform at Department of Volunteer Services.
Most volunteer opportunities are available 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. There are limited openings for volunteers for evenings and weekends. Volunteers are asked to commit for at least one four-hour shift each week for six months or 100 hours, whichever comes first.