As a VolunTeen, a student will have the opportunity to become part of the volunteer staff by delivering flowers, giving directions to visitors and helping on the nursing floors. Some VolunTeens may even attend educational classes or view a live surgical film.
The WellStar Kennestone Hospital VolunTeen process follows:
One: Fill Out the Forms >>
- Complete the VolunTeen electronic application form.
- Have your physician complete and sign your medical release form (.pdf).
- Applicants must include immunization records (MMR, DPT & Varicella/chicken pox).
- VolunTeen School Records Release & Counselor’s Form should be completed and forwarded to your school counselor. (You must have at least a 3.0 GPA to volunteer.)
- Drop the forms off at the Department of Volunteer Services or fax to 770-793-7128.
- You can also mail the forms to:
WellStar Kennestone Hospital Volunteer Services
677 Church Street
Marietta, GA 30060
Two: Attend Orientation
- A parent or guardian is required to attend with student.
- Learn hospital policies and procedures.
- Learn about confidentiality and VolunTeen agreement.
- You will be required to complete two (2) TB tests prior to the start of volunteering.
- Purchase of a VolunTeen shirt for $15.00 (cash/check only)
Most VolunTeen opportunities are available 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday- Friday. VolunTeens are asked to commit for at least one four-hour shift each week, for 8 weeks.