Thank you for inquiring about the WellStar Cobb Hospital Volunteer Program. We offer volunteer opportunities in a variety of settings. If accepted into our volunteer program, you will be joining scores of individuals, of all ages and backgrounds, who are dedicated to giving back to our hospital and community, and ensuring we achieve our vision of delivering world-class healthcare.
It is the goal of the Department of Volunteer Services to support the patients and staff within WellStar Cobb Hospital. Volunteers play an important role in many different departments and have varying responsibilities. Most volunteer openings are Monday through Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Some opportunities exist on weekends and evenings, although these are quite limited. Volunteers are asked to commit at least one four-hour shift, each week, for six months or 100 hours, whichever comes first.
We are certain WellStar Cobb Hospital has the ideal volunteer opportunity for you – and becoming a volunteer is as easy as one, two, three!
One: Fill Out the Forms >>
- If you are 18 or older, complete the volunteer application form. If you are between the ages of 15-18, please visit our WellStar Cobb Hospital VolunTeen page to apply.
- Your physician must complete and sign your medical release form (.pdf).
- Applicants born after 1957 must submit an official copy of their immunization records.
- The completed application may be dropped off at the Department of Volunteer Services office, or faxed to 770-732-3977.
- You can also mail the forms to:
WellStar Cobb Hospital: Volunteer Services
3950 Austell Road
Austell, GA 30106
Two: Come in for an Interview >>
- Complete and sign a consent form for a background check.
- Discuss why you want to volunteer and your specific areas of interest.
- Learn about the requirements and benefits of being a volunteer.
- Interviews are typically held between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Some positions may require a second round of interviews.
Three: Attend Orientation >>
- Learn hospital policies, procedures and safety protocols - a quiz is given.
- Learn about confidentiality and volunteer agreements.
- Purchase uniform in the Department of Volunteer Services.
We are excited and honored that you have selected WellStar Cobb Hospital as the focus of your philanthropy and look forward to seeing you soon.