Thank you for inquiring about the WellStar Cobb Hospital VolunTeen program. We offer volunteer opportunities in a variety of settings – including, but not limited to, clerical, customer service and nursing stations. If accepted into our VolunTeen program, you will be joining a select group of young adults who are dedicated to giving back to our hospital and community while ensuring we achieve our vision of world-class healthcare. Please keep in mind that there are a limited number of VolunTeen positions available.
The WellStar Cobb Hospital VolunTeen process is as follows:
One: Fill Out the Forms
- If you're between the ages of 15 and 18, please complete the VolunTeen electronic application form.
- Your physician must complete and sign your VolunTeen medical release form (.pdf). In addition, you are required to submit an official copy of your immunization record for MMR, DTP and Chicken Pox.
- Your parent/legal guardian must sign a Permission for Release of Information to obtain your GPA (3.0 GPA required to volunteer) and guidance counselor reference from your current school. We will also need for you to include a copy of your most recent report card.
- The applicant must submit a 75-100 word paragraph. The paragraph needs to tell us why you would like to volunteer, what you expect to learn/gain from volunteering and why we should choose you for our program.
- Return all paperwork to the Department of Volunteer Services office - or fax to 770-732-3977. (No later than February 28th.)
- You can also mail the forms to:
WellStar Cobb Hospital Volunteer Services
3950 Austell Road
Austell, GA 30106
ALL FORMS MUST BE RECEIVED IN OUR OFFICE NO LATER THAN
FEBRUARY 28, 2014
Upon receipt of all of your information, the Permission for Release of Information will be mailed out to your counselor. When we receive confirmation from your school, stating that you meet the VolunTeen requirements, you will be contacted to set up an interview. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Two: Come in for an Interview
- Once we have received your completed Application along with your signed Medical Release Form, Official Immunization Records; and Permission for Release of Information form from your Guidance counselor, you will be contacted to set up an interview.
- Interviews will be scheduled during the months of February and March. After April 8th there will be no further interviews scheduled.
- Applicants will be notified by mail of their acceptance into the Cobb VolunTeen Program no later than April 12th.
Three: Attend Orientation
Orientation Part One (approximately 30 minutes - 1 hour)
- A parent/legal guardian is required to attend this session with you.
- Learn of the requirements and benefits of being a VolunTeen. The following topics will be discussed: areas where you may be assigned, TB testing, parking (if driving), policies and procedures (what you can and cannot do.)
- You and a parent will complete and sign the appropriate forms.
- Orientation Part Two will be discussed.
Orientation Part Two (approximately 3 hours, students ONLY)
- Compliance Test will be given
- Limited tour of the hospital
- You will have your ID Security badge made and get your parking hangtag (if applicable). Please note that you will need your license plate number.
- Purchase VolunTeen uniform – $15 cash or check only, please.
Remember that as a VolunTeen you are committing to six (6) weeks, with a four (4) hour shift once a week. These are only the minimums required; you may absolutely volunteer more than this if you would like! VolunTeen opportunities are available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
If you do not complete the minimum hours required, we will be unable to give you a certificate of completion.